Saturday, April 19, 2008

100 Business Days Out: Day 7 - Filling

Today turned out to be a day very filled. I have been pretty busy with a number of "left over" meetings that have come from the notice of the acquisition and close off of open items. I did a favor for a VC firm and sat in on a brainstorming meeting with a tech/music company. Patti asked me, "what are you doing today?". It was kind of fun to tell her that I was going to sit in on a meeting that at the end, people were going to ask me my POV and I would get to tell them what I think. She asked, "are you getting paid to do it?". I told her no. She didn't think it was such a good use of my time. But that's a bit of the difference for where my head is right now. The filling doesn't have to be for remuneration, the filling is okay for continued relevance and staying up to date. That feels like remuneration enough...for now.

No comments: