Thursday, April 10, 2008

100 Business Days Out: Day 2 - Little Lost and a Little Rushed

Tuesday I traveled to the Midwest to see my family and get ready for a speaking engagement on Friday at Purdue. It was an uneventful day other than again it is the little things that I have gotten used to that now are not there that throw me off. For 20 years I have always traveled with a printed itinerary that, as I used to tell me assistants when they were preparing them for me, would treat me like I am stupid. If I needed to take 10 steps to the right before turning left, I wanted it written down for me so I could mindlessly follow the directions. I thought it wouldn’t matter if I didn’t have one as I had planned and made my own trip arrangements, but I gotta tell you, the number of times that I put my bag down to pull out the folder to find out what time the flight left, what rental car company, confirmation numbers, etc., was a pain. I couldn’t have created one if I wanted to since I don’t have my new printer hooked up at home yet (it is expected any day now…I have learned how to track packages on FedEx), but let me tell you, this little change had me feeling lost throughout the day. And, when I feel lost, I feel rushed. And I hate being rushed. Again, a little change that "got me" for the day.

No comments: