Monday, April 14, 2008

100 Business Days Out: Day 4 - Drive Time

Day 4 was spent driving through Indiana. This was not that different for me from the past when I might have been somewhere and rather than take a flight that seemed unproductive I would hop in a car for a few hours versus fly. This day gave me three hours driving from Jeffersonville, IN (my hometown and Mother's home) to West Lafayette, IN (Purdue hometown). What was different about this drive time from the past was that in the past I would use this time to return phone calls and do phone business that I normally would not have other time to handle. This 3 hour drive was not that. for the most part (other than one call I got from a friend who needed job advice) this was time in the car, by myself, listening to the radio and thinking. When I am in the car by myself I play a game that my dad and I used to do. I tune through the AM dial trying to find the furthest distance AM radio station I can from the location I am currently driving. This time it was a station in San Antonio, TX. Clear as a bell. So, my 4th day out was all about drive time, or in this case, "non-drive" time. No driving need to do anything other than enjoy the ride.

No comments: