Monday, April 21, 2008

100 Business Days Out: Day 11 - Extensions

I am starting to like the long-weekend. When one doesn’t have to rush back to the office on Monday AM, then there is an extra day that can be added to the long-travel weekend, each and every time. What you get from this is you get to miss the traditional weekend air or car traffic. You also get to enjoy Sunday night like you may never had before. The Sunday night blahs and blues have virtually disappeared for me. There is no reason to begin to feel the Monday build-up and I have begun to schedule my meetings and such to not let myself feel that emotional tsunami that Monday many times brings. In a few weeks I have to travel to NYC on a Sunday for Monday meetings. I will try and characterize the difference I feel then but for now it is really nice to stay the extra hour with friends or the extra night on the weekend. Being sure I take advantage of these new found extensions is all part of this positive journey.

No comments: