Friday, June 20, 2008

100 Business Days Out: Day 54- Aches and Pains

So one of the ironies in all of this is that with all this "extra" time that I am supposed to be spending on mental, spiritual, relational and physical conditioning, the A.G.E. syndrome gets in the way. I am working out six days a week - that is running four days with the other two either being biking or swimming and circuit weight training interspersed within the six days and other activities. Sounds great huh? It is other than the dreaded syndrome is causing lots of aches and pains and what never hurt before hurts now. What was never tight in the morning now twinges as I get out of bed and what was no where the limits or boundaries of pain now are much more obvious than ever. I keep saying it can't be me. I have done research to support that with global warming that the intensity of gravity has increased, but I can't find any literature on this. But someone must be writing on it because I find it harder to get out of bed in the morning and certain areas of my body are sagging like they never did before...so it has to be the gravity increasing, yes? Whatever it is, it doesn't seem all that fair that with all this time off that I could work out three or four hours a day, that the body just doesn't want to cooperate. Woody Allen does a very funny skit about how eveything should happen backwards. It's an interesting thought and when the aches and the pains show themselves to me, I become even a greater supporter of his idea.

No comments: