Thursday, June 19, 2008

100 Business Days Out: Day 53 - Pocketed Hands

This will be a short post...I can't afford anything more than short and to the point. :) I want to let you know that the myth is true. When you aren't working and you have time on your hands you spend more money. And it happens no matter how hard you try not to. Patti pointed out to me today that I have spent a lot of money lately. I disputed it until she proved it. And the fact is that it is all being spent on what seems good for me...a new bike and wetsuit for the upcoming Triathlon, books for summer reading, the new scanner/fax/printer for the home office, summer clothes, breakfasts, lunches, dinners, gas for the car to get to all of these meetings, etc. Each when looked at individually don't look that big, but the theme is that when you have time on your hands the hands keep reaching for the wallet. So, it is true and something to watch. If you think you will save money when not working, it doesn't work that way. Idle minds, idle hands, idle credit card and pen. :) This is another reason I am looking forward to the time in Rhode Island. I can't spend money there, there is nothing to spend it on. I'm looking forward to pocketing these hands for a couple of months.

No comments: