Monday, June 9, 2008

100 Business Days Out: Day 45 - Wind Down

The day has finally come. The end to the long list of unscheduled meetings and commitments is coming to an end. I can now look at my calendar and see open blocks of time. I had been looking out over the calendar horizon both anticipating and dreading the day. The anticipation was all about having the free time to work on reading, writing and giving back projects. The dread was the fear of moving into the realm of out of touch and irrelevant. As I gingerly step into this phase the same emotions are still with me. Today I was able to spend time on some chores that needed to be done around the house and I was able to not only get my run in but also get over to the gym for a workout...the first time that I can remember when I had the time to do two workouts in a day. That was great. What I need to continue to remember is that this time is really all about he wind down. It's not about the next thing...not just yet. As I head into a true wind down period (July and August) it remains to be seen if I can truly "enjoy" the time but I am trying my darndest to do so and remember that this is such a gift to have. Who would have thought I was such work-junkie?

No comments: