Thursday, January 9, 2014

Emotion, Choice and Distraction

All good sales people know that they must know and recognize, and then be able to respond to, the answers they receive that are the beginning of a deal slipping away from them.  But the rest of us try and close deals everyday with our teams, partners, investors, employees and yes, even with our bosses without the same experience or skills.  Here are three responses to watch out for: 
  • The "Emotion" - "I just don't know how I feel about this...."  
  • The "Choice" - "I have some alternatives that I need to review first..."  
  • The "Distraction" - "Right now, I just have too much going on to pay attention to this... "
 How we anticipate and ready for these common responses can make the difference between being able to close the deal, or not.

No comments: