Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Early The Next Morning

I am not just a morning person, I am an "early the next morning" person.  The distinction and difference is that when I have something important to get done, I will wait until early the next morning to work on it or to get it completed. 

Against the advice of those who tell us how to rest and sleep best, I take what I have to do to bed with me, let it sit in my mind, knowing that early the next morning I will be able to tackle it in the quiet before others rise and as the sun and the birds welcome the day. It is when I work best and when I am clearest in my head.  Early the next morning also allows for me to be done with that matters most before the mundane and the urgent take over the day. 

I remember distinctly once taking this approach to a problem I was trying to solve, only to find Patti standing at the door of my office at 3:00AM asking me what I was doing and me being wide-awake telling her that I had figured out what we (me and others) had been trying to solve.  Later that morning when others got to the office I had more prepared and solved then they imagined could happen. 

It was a very good morning and has always reminded me of what can happen "early the next morning."

(For a further faith-based application of this post you can visit: here)

No comments: