Thursday, August 7, 2008

100 Business Days Out: Day 87 - Awakenings

It must be that vacation season is over for most people as this week (and today in particular) my inbox became filled with inquiries, requests, introductions and invites. A series of request for meetings, conversations, advice and one very cool job offer (not one that I am going to do, but one that at one time would have been a dream job and beyond). All of this in a matter of days and hours. I was reflecting on this today and trying to get at the feelings that I felt as I saw all of this happening and I must admit that I felt an awakening kind of feeling nudging inside of me. Maybe it was coincidental with the beginning of the feeling that there is a season change coming here with cooler nights and mornings and change of light. Yes, it was a nudge of awakening. I am not sure it was enough to spring me into full action, but I did feel a stirring inside of me. I did decide that I have put off a number of things long enough and I have scheduled Monday for a lot of phone calls. It will be interesting to see how I feel come Monday morning. The stirring of an awakening has me both intrigued as to where it might go and also frightened as to where it might go. Up until this point I have been able to provide a blanket pause as to activities and interests, but coming soon I will have to pick and choose and master the art of closing (and locking) doors and just saying no. That in itself will be a new awakening.

No comments: