Monday, May 19, 2008

100 Business Days Out: Day 31- Real Purpose

Over this past weekend, I had a very good college friend, Tim Streett, come to San Francisco. He came out for the weekend to speak at Cornerstone Church, where Patti and I belong. I have known Tim since college and have followed his career and ministry since. When I listen to his testimony and what he is doing with his life to serve others I cannot help but be touched and impacted by his commitment to serve others before himself. His unselfish approach to life is to be highly admired. As I flew to Austin today for an ItzBig Board meeting, I thought of Tim’s calling. I thought of part of the mission that I put in front of myself when I went into this dormant period. I committed to myself that I would search for the significance in what I was going to do next. I look at what Tim does and all I can see is significance. I also can see that with each month, week, day, moment, Tim finds the significance in what God has put him on the earth to accomplish. Tim is a great reminder for me on this day that we need role models in our lives to keep us framed up in the right way. Tim is a great reminder for me on this day. A reminder that all things that I am tilting towards must be of significance or I will end up being back to wasting the precious days I have left. So, no excuses...and thanks Tim.

No comments: