Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Reading List

Well, 2011 turned out to not be my most productive year of reading, but here it is, with comments:

Book that I was glad I read even though I didn't expect I would say so: Decision Points by George W. Bush

Best written/best use of language:" Pacazo by Roy Kesey

Book I listened to, but wish I would have read instead:" Ten Thousand Saints by Eleanor Henderson

Book that made me think the most about the future (tie); The Next 100 Years by George Friedman and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

Most creative and I wanted more: How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive by Christopher Boucher

Book that has changed my life (at least for now): Eat to Live by Dr. Furhmann

Book I would like to see made a movie: Once Upon a River by Bonnie Jo Campbell

Had I seen the size of the hardcover first, would I have read the digital copy?: Hero: The Life of Lawrence Arabia by Michael Korda


2011 Reading List:

(d) Decision Points - Bush
(d) The Next 100 Years - Friedman
(d) Room: The Novel - Donoghugh
The Company's Man - Battista
You Think That's Bad - Shepard
Deus Ex Machina - Altschul
Tales of the City - Maupin
(d) The Immortal Life of Henrietts Lacks - Skloot
(d) Hero: The Life of Lawrence of Arabia - Korda
Breakfast with Buddha - Merullo
The Edge of the World - Hamburg
Once Upon A River - Campbell
How To Keep Your Volkswagen Alive - Boucher
The Heyday of the Insensitive Bastard - Boswell
Eat to Live - Furhman
Pacazo - Kesey
The Convert - Baker
Show Up, Look Good - Wisniewski
(a) Ten Thousand Saints - Henderson
The Orientation - Orozco

(d) = digital
(a) = audio

No comments: