Friday, June 29, 2012

"It's Not. But It Could Be"

"It's Not. But It Could Be"

If these words don't mean something to you then you missed the premier of what could end up being the next best thing on TV; "The Newsroom" on HBO.  I am unabashedly a fan of Aaron Sorkin; pretty much everything he has written.  The opening monologue of anchor Will McEvoy, while I don't agree with all he said, does indeed strike a chord with me and where we stand today as a country. If you happen to have watched, will watch, the opening monologue, I'd be interested in your take.

2 comments:

James Benton said...

I too love all things Sorkin (check out this compilation of all his best, often used devices http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S78RzZr3IwI&feature=related). But agree that while I don;t agree with everything he says, I love the way he says it, and that he is challenging us to think (and laugh a bit too). The first episode is free online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U4ZhFDFYvE

Unknown said...

Of course you love Sorkin. I'll watch anything he writes, any where, any time. Have watched The Newsroom at least twice now and can't wait for season two.

He's sometimes too heavy-handed. Occasionally, he grinds his agendas too hard. But he has the ear of a poet, and that always wins me over.

If you haven't, you should follow @sorkinese on Twitter. It will delight you.