Friday, September 5, 2008

Reentry

I returned from the east coast earlier this week. What was supposed to have been an easy reentry with lots of time open to come back up to pace easily. Instead, it turned out to be a a wild week with calls, meetings, events, etc. It made me think that I need to be sure I get the angle of reentry right so I don't 1) skip off the atmosphere, or 2) and worse, burn up on reentry. I could imagine that either could happen easily if one doesn't watch it and be aware. I found myself a few times this week wishing I had made my 100 Business Days Out, to 200 Days. :) Doesn't mean I can't it there just isn't a construct around that for me to live within for awhile longer. I will need to learn better to put boundaries and constraints around my time....much better than I have done in the past. As I write this I am readying to go into the mountains for a few days and come off the grid all together...the first time I think I have ever done this. So, the time for reentry is not totally upon me yet, but it will be soon. It will be all about the angle.

No comments: