Monday, February 18, 2008

Superdelegates...will you be true?

I'm late to the party...that is late to the Democratic Party. A Reagan youth, growing up in Indiana, taught at home to just pull the Republican lever and walk out of the booth, it was hard to make the change. But, in the last seven years, the Republicans lost the right to have my vote. They lost it because they did not represent me as a person or as a member of the party. Had they lived up to their responsibility to represent us and not just do as they willed, then there probably wouldn't be me and others like me who have left for the left. Now the Superdelegates have the same choice. Those who are Superdelegates because of their elected position should do what they are supposed to do, represent and reflect the views of their constituents. If they do that, then they are living up to their position. If they don't then they will be guilty of the same individual centered attitude of the party I just departed. Those Superdelegates who are in the role because they are appointed or elected through the DNC, then they should vote their conscience. That's the beauty of it, they are different. But not the elected Superdelegates, they get to vote the way the people choose. I hope each one lives up to that responsibility.

No comments: